A little inspiration...

We apologize for not blogging much about our advocacy lately, it's just that Stacy's been so busy with the Yahoo! OMG! Awards while I've been busy with photo shoots for SM MOA's End of Season Sale (which is still ongoing right now, till July 15 actually {shameless plug, hehe}).

So here's a little something I grabbed from tumblr to inspire you women... :) I know that body love is not a one-time-big-time thing. It's actually a journey. Believe it or not, Stacy and I still get those UGH-I-FEEL-SO-UGLY days, but we always have to remind ourselves of who we are in Christ, and see our beauty from our own eyes, and not from the world's twisted perception.


LOVE YOUR BODY. IT'S THE ONLY ONE YOU'VE GOT.
 _________________________________________________________________________________

I love love love this photo!!! It's so powerful and thought-provoking. Stacy and I used to wonder why there's so much criticism, prejudice, hate towards fat people today when big women centuries ago were hailed for being so voluptuous and zaftig. This is why we do what we do--we want women to focus on HEALTH, and not just BEAUTY. We want people to be more accepting and open-minded when it comes to appearances, sizes and shapes. The media limits beauty, and we're here to break that.

I'm glad that more and more women are joining our bandwagon and are getting what we promote. With this, I received a comment from a supporter and I loved it so much I just had to share it with you guys.

Nel writes:
 This is "The Rape" right? :0 Yes, it is. Back then, plump women are more acclaimed beautiful because they signify fertility and abundance.:) Monalisa seemed a size 5.:) Beauty is achieved when we choose what's better for us. If being overwight doesnt make you beautiful because you are unhealthy and you get sick and all, then diet. :) Size [shouldn't] matter. We are beautiful as long as we believe and in order to believe we must have reasons to believe. I'm a chubby girl, who was obese before. :) Hail to women of all sizes!
***

I love it! :) May more women think and reason like Nel when it comes to body-image and self esteem.

KEEP ROCKIN' THAT AWESOME BODY!!!

Plump love,
Danah