EXTRA SPECIAL FEATURE: "You don't see sexiness, you feel it."


I believe that behind every child's success is a loving stage mother (haha!). Kidding aside, there is truth to this, right? As y'all know, this blog aims to boost women's confidence and self-esteem regardless of size and shape, and we think that over the past years, it has quite achieved exactly that. But other than our desire to share our strong beliefs, behind this blog's humble success is a person who has never ceased to give us confidence and affirmation about our advocacy--someone who has been with us since day one, someone who embodies everything we believe in. She's the woman behind cameras coaching us how to project, how to make poses, giving gestures on which angle is best for the photo, the woman who rallies votes for us when we're competing in a campaign... and that woman is no other than the REAL PLUMP-INAY herself, our gorgeous, talented and amazing momma bear, Angela! :)

Just recently, Angela had a sexy boudoir shoot. Although this is a first time experience for her, she didn't feel nervous at all. Knowing that she's in the hands of a top fashion photographer, Jav Velasco, made her comfortable and excited at the same time. "I want to show everyone that even if I'm not slim, I still appreciate my body and can show it off somehow, as long as it's for a cause, as long as it's gonna be posted in The Plump Pinay. I wanna inspire people who are of my same size that they too, can be beautiful and sexy at the same time." she quips, when asked why she chose to get on with the shoot. 


For Angela, confidence seems to be innate, and self-security is where it stems from. "I really appreciate myself. I know that I am created beautifully, that I am unique, special, extremely blessed, highly favored and mightily protected. That's where I get my confidence, knowing I am special." Looking back, she almost seems like a different person; she hasn't always been this glamorous and fashionable. A bad breakup became her tipping point to self-reinvention and fashion exploration. She said, "I told myself that the best thing I can do to get back at this person is to show the world that I am happy and beautiful." Which has been as a blessing in disguise because it has, since then, inspired her to dress up and improve her make up skills. "Since I handle marketing of an international brand, I just figured I must look good all the time, since I meet a lot of people and I go out a lot for meetings, interviews and events."



Embracing this good change in style and image (she has no style icons, she goes with self-style), Angela, however, has discovered that it's not always easy to shop for her fashion finds, but that doesn't stop her from doing some retail therapy. "A lot of stores don't offer plus size clothes so I go to shops where I can be comfortable with my figure and choose from a wide range of designs." Her favorite stores are Dorothy Perkins, Marks and Spencer and Promod and her fashion must-haves are accessories. As for her make up must-do? "It's all about the contour."  
























Being where she is now, Angela has truly defied a lot stereotypes and has broken a lot norms--from being a young, single mom to being a genuine Plump Pinay. And in her own words, "A Plump Pinay is someone who celebrates her body. Sexiness for me is not something you see with your bare eyes. You feel it. The word sexy is not related or hinged to a specific body type, because sexiness is what you exude from inside out. It's also important that you feel happy all the time, just like me. I'm happy, contented and very much in love." No wonder she has a growing number of followers on instagram (@angeluscious) and real life--she's Wonder Woman in the flesh -- with more curves to love.