The Plump Pinay x The Henry (Day 1)

A few months back, I posted on my Facebook status that we'll be doing a hotel review in Cebu, and man it really got me counting down the days! When you get such an awesome opportunity like this, I tell you, the excitement is gonna drive you nuts!

I got super excited I had a mini "despedida" with my coolest posse so we headed to Aracama the night before. We ended up taking out drinks, giving them away to bouncers and going home at 5 am after having Tapa De Morning and cheese sticks at Recovery Food (will blog about it soon). Of course when I got home I wasn't done packing so I had to finish that before catching some sleep for a few more hours. Good thing we already did our web check-in a day before the flight so we didn't have to be at the airport so early.

All her bags are packed!
(Longchamp/Bags in the City duffel)

I love Mrs. Field's strawberry iced tea. 
Tastes like melted red gummi bears!

Instagrammin'

Our "adult" chaperone--my queer uncle! 

She likes tormenting me. #thehangover


G'bye, Manila!

We have arrived! I love this hotel's interiors.

Welcome drinks! Freshly made calamansi juice! YUM!

This red man is quite famous in Cebu!

Lady Googoo

Amanda Bynes-ing

Le lobby

Well, hello there, room! So funky fresh!
(photo from Google.com)

A sweet note from the General Manager!

Stacy enjoying her fluffy bed

Le cutesy couch

#kinky

Awesome bathroom: spacious, clean, complete with toiletries
(photo from Google.com)

The Henry water

I was so tired from my Friday funk-fest so I let Stacy and my uncle roam around while I slept in the room.
Then after a few hours I woke up to this: 
Cebu's classic meal: Ayer's spicy lechon (roast pig) and puso (steamed rice)! 
I was a happy unicorn!

Gotta get ready to hit up Cebu's night life! 

On me: @exztraplus dress (IG shop)
@curvecouture polo (IG shop)
F21 belt/Aldo watch

On Stacy: Kashieca polo
F21 lingerie/shorts/bling


I love everything about this hotel!
(photo from Google.com)

Hangin' with the red dude

We have arrived at Penthouse!!!




To the friggin' weekend!



After dancing and drinking at Penthouse, we hopped over to Voodoo but unfortunately, they've been closed since April. My sister said it was one of the hot spots in Cebu when she went for Sinulog so we were kinda' bummed when we found out they closed. Good thing The Distillery was just a few steps away so we headed there instead.


After 5 minutes of settling in The Distillery, a brawl happened right outside it. We were seated in the terrace so we saw the whole thing! :O We felt like we were in Jersey Shore or something. The fight was kinda' intense--all the kicking, screaming and shouting. The reason? We'll never know.


What's funny is that I met DJ Papa Dan because of the fight. As people gathered to see what the fuss was about, he sat beside me and asked what was happening. I told him there was a fight then it lead to other conversations. He wanted us to guest on his show the following Monday (Win Radio Cebu) but had to cancel because of a previously set meeting. Nonetheless, it was great talking to him! Such a cool guy!


We also got to hang with Mr. High Roller himself, Michael Goho! We used to attend classes together in UA&P back in college but never really became friends. So glad we finally got to hang out and bond here in Cebu!


Hey sexy fox!

After we bid The Distillery goodbye, we headed back to our hotel... 
TO PARTY SOME MORE AT THE SCRAP YARD BAR!

with Manila's top photographer, THE Niko Villegas!

How awesome is this Beetle???

We headed back to our hotel room, buzzed and happy, at around 3:30 in the morning and got some Mickey D's.


Here are our we're-cool-we-wear-shades-at-night-in-the-room-goodnight photos ♥

I got these awesome rainbow stirrers from Scrap Yard Bar!

It was truly an awesome Day 1 for all three of us! I haven't been in Cebu for years and to be back here and really meet locals is such an unforgettable experience. What makes it even better is that I got my 2 crazy gal pals with me! :) I personally wanna thank Pia Kristina of The Henry Hotel for being so accommodating and fixing all bookings for us. You are such a blessing! 

That's it for our first day in Cebu! Can't wait to share our epic Day 2 and 3! Wait for it! :)

Plump love,
Danah