The Plump Pinay x The Henry (Day 3)


Goodbye, room!

Danah's selfies

Hipster receptionist (Cebuanas are gorge!!!)


A resting area for the "mature ones"

and for the not-so-mature ones

Visited our friend, Mike, in his office (apparently he owns a BMW dealership store)




Checkin' out the food! 

The EVP (Naks!).  Funny thing is, I never got to talk to Mike in campus (he's from UA&P too). He was always alone and seemed standoffish... But we're so happy we bumped into him in Draft and got to know him! He's not unfriendly at all. Funny and down-to-earth dude. :)

"Let's turn this into a private meeting room into a private lunch room since I can do whatever I want. I am the EVP." -Mike (LOL.
)

Good food makes me giddy-happy!

Mike knows we love a good meal! He prepared a very legit Cebuano lunch for us--with ngoyong, inihaw na manok (very different from the roasted chicken here in Manila, it's much more flavorful), inihaw na liempo, and puso!

They call this "puso" because it's shaped like a heart.

SUPER SARAP LIEMPO

SUPER SARAP MANOK

Cars and a chick



7 Series


Last drive around Cebu city to buy pasalubong!

Singing party in the car!






Thank you for @blueberryshoppe (instagram account) for our benefit matte lipsticks!

Slurpee

plus Soju

Equals to an afternoon drinky winky before our flight!


Killing time

Heading back to Manila!


It has been a couple of months since I've been to Cebu. I was there earlier this year for the massive Sinulog festival, but that trip was just all out partying, and I lived that weekend like a zombie, asleep in the morning and out and about at night. I spent my days recovering from the loud music, huge crowd, and hangover inside our hotel room, ordering food service (oo na, baduy ko na). I wasn't even able to bring myself to go out and get myself a nice plate of lechon! So I'm so glad that we've been invited by the manager of The Henry Hotel to finally see Cebu in daylight and finally enjoy authentic Cebuano food! :)

If you're visiting Cebu, The Henry is such a recommendable place. I'm pretty sure hipsters are totally for staying in this hotel (though they might act like they don't if they think it's too mainstream, because isn't that what hipsters do? LOL). The place is cool and has a very different vibe from your typical, victorian-themed hotels (do check out our posts on day 1 and day 2). The atmosphere of the entire place just screams fun, unconventional, and odd (in a good way). It's like you can just play and take pictures everywhere! (This statement is more accurate when buzzed.)

Another advantage of staying at The Henry is that it's right across Cable Car, which is I assume one of the popular places to visit in Cebu for drinks and a fun night. I saw a lot of people waiting outside as we left one night for dinner. It's also near a very cozy tapas bar called Just Wine (mentioned in previous post). The Henry also has its very own bar, called Scrapyard, located at the second floor. It's a beautiful spacious lounge perfect for chilling and talking with a bunch of friends.

Their service can still be improved. There were times when we had to follow-up for our orders due to long waits, but the staff were all friendly and nice. :)

All in all, I'd rate The Henry Hotel 3.5 stars out of 5!

For more information, visit The Henry Hotel's website! :)


-S